From Adult Swim:
The Rick and Morty Rickstaverse, the first video game built on Instagram, has launched a new expansion pack!
Adult Swim presents “Interdimensional Cable Adventures,” featuring new levels based on the popular recurring episodes from the show.
The expansion is NOW LIVE on the @RickandMortyRickstaverse Instagram account.
The original game:
● The Rickstaverse is the first video game built entirely on Instagram
● Created in collaboration with Carrot Creative
● Originally launched July 23rd, 2015 to coincide with the second season
● The Rickstaverse is composed of over 120 Instagram accounts and over 1,800 individual squares
● Users play by looking for hidden photo tags to warp to different levels to discover comics, show clips, and minigames
● The first expansion, “The Smiths Get Squanched,” launched with the season 2 finale and features levels based on that episode
● Nearly 100k followers on Instagram
The Expansion (LIVE!)
● The latest expansion, “Interdimensional Cable Adventures,” is based on wildly popular Interdimensional Cable episodes of Rick and Morty, in which co-creator Justin Roiland improvises scenes and the animators work around his madness
● The new expansion features 20 new levels, including the Plumbus Factory, and a new collectible: Gazorpazorpfield Comics